Please be advised as a friendly reminder to all that have Tricare in any of its programs. Thing are changing based upon the attachment and one has to PAY ATTENTION TO THE INSTRUCTIONS GIVEN by January 1, 2018. Also if, as stated in the attachment, have not yet re-established your monthly automated EFT or RCC payment with Humana Military, you must do so no later than December 24, 2017, to avoid an interruption in coverage.
THIS INFORMATION IS IMPORTANT AND ONLY FOR THOSE WHO HAS SELECTED TRICARE IN ANYWAY FOR/AS THEIR HEALTH CARE PROVIDER.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION ONLY IF IT PERTAINS TO YOU PLEASE OBSERVER THE TWO DEADLINE DATES January 1, 2018 and December 24, 2017.
Tricare Contractor Change
The American Legion High School Oratorical Scholarship Program
“A Constitutional Speech Contest”
This years American Legion Oratorical Contest is in full swing. I started after receiving information from National on 25 October 2017. I am the chairman (Donald E. Jones, Sr. 910-568-9158) of Post 202 Oratorical Program and an army of one. I contacted 8 of 9 high schools (Westover; Terry Sanford; Cape Fear; Jack Britt; Seventy-First; Douglas Byrd; E.E. Smith; and Cumberland Polytechnic High Schools – I will contact Pine Forest within this coming week) the Post has identified – I’ve made sure they’ve received information about the program. If you know of any student in the grade range referenced please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with their referral information and I will make sure they get information about the Oratorical program.
- What is it: A Constitutional Speech Contest – to involve high school students, grades 9th thru 12th, in The Constitution of The United States. Our hopes are that the schools/student(s) will participate in this education opportunity and allowed to compete for scholarship awards.
- Scholarships are awarded: Scholarship awards are presented to the three finalists in the final round of the national contest as follows: 1st place — $18,000; 2nd place — $16,000; 3rd place — $14,000. Each depart- ment (state) winner who is certified into and participates in the first round of the national contest will receive a $1,500 scholarship. Each first round winner who advances to and participates in the second round, but does not advance to the final round, will receive an additional $1,500 scholar- ship to pursue education beyond high school.The scholarships awarded by the national organization of The American Legion may be used to attend any college or university in the United States
- Who is eligible to participate?: You are eligible to participate in The American Legion High School Oratorical Scholarship Program if you are a citizen or a lawful permanent resident of the United States. Further, all contestants must be bona fide students under the age of 20 years on the date of the national contest and must be enrolled in a high school or junior high school (public, parochial, military, private or home school) in which the curriculum of the school is considered to be of high school level, commencing with grade nine and terminating with grade twelve.
- Date and Time for Oratorical Contest:
- School Contest – 22 Dec 2017, Post official should call Department Headquarters 919-832-7506 or email: email@example.com
- Post or County Contest – 8-20 January, 2018, must be conducted under direction of District Chairman (Juan Roman 910-436-3866)
- District Contest – January 27-Feb 3, 2018, made up of all Post/County winners conducted under the District Chairman. Since I am the Division II Chairman I am to receive the completed winner certification form for record keeping and submission to State Chairman rep. – District Chairman is responsible for escorting the District winner to the Division finals. – All District winners will be presented with a $100 scholarship check at the Division contest only.
- Division Contest – February 17-24, 2018, I am responsible for conducting this contest. Ensure that the winner Certification form is filed with Department Headquarters immediately following contest. I am also responsible for seeing that the Division winner is escorted to the Department/State finals. All judges scoring sheets shall be forwarded to Department/State Chairman also after contest is completed.
- Department (State) Finals March 3, 2018 TBA (a $100 travel allowance will be paid to the Division winner to defray cost of attending Department/State finals. This check will be presented at the Department/State contest so the candidate must be present to receive this stipend.(March 10, Snow date)
American Legion Post 202 celebrated with the little ones its 30 October 2017 Fall Fest
NOTICE, NOTICE – PLEASE BE ADVISED THIS IS TIME SENSITIVE – NOTICE, NOTICE
The NC Works Career Center (Formerly Employment Security Commission) is hosting a Missing Man display in the lobby of the facility at 414 Ray Ave. Fayetteville.NC. The agency is seeking volunteers to man the display Monday- Thursday, 6-9 November 2017.
The volunteers would explain the meaning/significance of the objects contained within the display. Volunteers would be requested to wear attire representative of their organization.
Volunteers are requested to contact Dwight Butler at 910 486- 1010 EXT 2204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business today FRIDAY 3 November 2017.
NC Works Career Center – “Missing Man” display